Until further notice all Adult Sunday school classes, fellowship groups, and educational classes will be help on Zoom or Google Meets. To find a class, please see the descriptions of the classes below and contact the contact person for the class. For more information on our Adult Ministries, contact our Director of Family Ministries, Kathryn Price or call the office at (512) 863-5886. We also have other opportunities for our adults to learn and fellowship together, such as, Financial Peace University and Home Fellowship Groups, and mentor-ships for our youth and children.
- The Homebuilder's class range in age from 50 to 80 years young, with married couples, singles, and widows.
- The class normally meet in Room #110 in the Adult Education wing.
- The class alternates teachers using subject lessons from Cokesbury's Adult Bible Series.
- This class is not in lecture format, but fosters class discussions with differing viewpoints.
Class contact: Shirley Channell email@example.com or (512) 869-8817
- Seeker's class age range is 50 to 80 years young.
- The class normally meets at 9:45 AM in Room #112, however, they are meeting on Zoom. Please contact for more information.
- The class begins with fellowship, laughter and coffee. It is a discussion class that focuses on the study of the books of the Bible OR spiritual books recommended by the book selection team.
- The class encourages open discussions.
Class contact: Betty Tanner firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 863-4422.
- The New Beginnings class is comprised of all age groups and all walks of life.
- The class normally meets at 9:45 AM in Room #114 in the Family Life Center.
- The class chooses its own Methodist-based Bible study where members lead the lesson and encourage open discussion.
- The Faith class ranges in age from their 20's to 60's.
- We welcome everyone: married, single, divorced, or widowed.
- We usually meet in Room #109 in the Adult Education wing.
- We do short studies on a variety of scripture based topics, taking turns leading the group through the study and encouraging class discussions, social concerns and anecdotes. We finish the class time sharing joys and concerns, then forming a circle of prayer and repeating the 23rd Psalm.
Class contact: Whitney Johns email@example.com or (512) 924-8926.
- Lighthouse class consists of all age ranges, most of whom are parents with children in our Children's and Youth ministries.
- The class meets at 9:45 AM in the Horizon House (corner of Myrtle St. and 10th St. behind the church building) or in the Fellowship Hall.
- The class has no set curriculum and encourages open discussion throught the class.
Class contact: Michelle Cousineau firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 591-3267.
Fellowship Groups are small groups that come together to discuss how our weeks went and how we are all doing.
Weekly Wednesday Night Fellowship Groups
Did you know that 89% of the people in a typical American congregation don'e have a financial safety net? Shocked? I was too. But there's HOPE! And that hope is Financial Peace University. Through life-changing videos, online tools and resources, and group accountability, you will learn how to create and stick to a budget, save for emergencies, pay off debt, and plan for the future. Just imagine the impact we could have on the community if we were all debt-free!
Classes will be held in a classroom setting or virtually online. Keep your eyes open for the next class schedule! Let's change our future for the better!
Studies are held in Room #112 of the Adult Education wing. These studies are led by Carol Nygaard and Pam Gardner, who are passionate about sharing Christ with the women in the church and the community.
We will post the next study here and in our weekly e-news when we are able to come back together in person.
For more information, contact the church office at (512) 863-5886.